Meeting October 12, 2011
Members Present: R. Fontaine, Y. Grimes, J. Barber, B. Gemske, W. Graustein, P. Hawley, A. MacDougall, S. Benjamin, M. Brown, R. Daniel, M. Daniel, B. Williams
I. Approval of Minutes from September, 2011
Motion to approve minutes by Jim Barber and Alan MacDougall. - Approved
· President – We received notice from National Office that we are fully accredited.
· Treasurer – After payments to the Grand Prix we have a fund balance of $79, 726.
· Membership – At this point we have 40 more members that last year. Our total membership is 1667.
· Standing Committees
Officials – Next year will be a re-certification year. Details as to the process will be available at convention.
Sanctions – The number of sanctions is running slightly ahead of last year.
Website – We should be in compliance with National Expectations.
Masters – No report
Open LDR – 2010-2011 Grand Prix Road Race Series is complete with a total of 7 races with $1,500 in prize money awarded at each race. We are in the process of selecting our races for the 2012-2013 cycle. The Cross Country Series has grown from 3 races to 5 races and the LDR committee is excited about the expansion.
Racewalk – The Connecticut Association Championship is a 10K and will be contested on Sunday November 6th at the Peters Recreation Complex in Clinton.
III. Old Business
· Budget – Bob Gemske presented the 2011-2012 operating budget. Alan MacDougall made a motion to accept the budget as amended by LDR. The motion was seconded by Ron Daniel and unanimously accepted.
· New York Association – The MAC Association has been replaced by a New Yory Association.
· Level I School – The Level I school was held at Middletown High School on September 30, October 1 & 2. It was a success and attracted 56 participants from Ct. New England, and New York State. Bob Fontaine and Bob Genske attended from our association,
· Election – Alan MacDougall conducted the biannual election of officers. Following the election of officers, the President appointed Chairs of various sub-committees which were affirmed by a vote of the association. The positions are posted at the end of the minutes.
· Affirmation of Bylaws – Alan MacDougall and Peter Hawley made a motion to affirm our current by-laws. The vote was unanimous in favor of accepting the by-laws.
· Convention – The following have expressed an interest in representing the Association at the annual convention. B. Fontaine, B. Mongovan, Y. Grimes, J. Gerweck, S. Benjamin, M. Brown, M. Daniel, R. Daniel, M. Davis.
· X-C Championship – The meet will be held November 13th at White Memorial in Litchfield. Information is posted on the website and registration is through coacho.com. There will not be any day of registrations. Athletes must take care of the age verification process before registering for the meet.
· Indoor Championship – We are working to bring the meet back to Yale on March 18th. We intend to develop a featured mile with prize money for the winner and first CT. athlete.
Motion to Adjourn…
October 12, 2011
President Bob Fontaine
1st Vice President Yvonne Grimes
2nd Vice President Bill Mongovan
3rd Vice President Will Graustein
Secretary Joyce Baiardi
Treasurer Bob Gemske
Membership Jim Barber
LDR & Cross Country Will Graustein
MLDR Peter Hawley
Officials Yvonne Grimes
Santions Alan MacDougall
Disabled Yvonne Grimes
Webmaster Brian Williams
Masters Track & Field Jim Barber
Mens Track & Field, Sasha Benjamin & Marvis Brown
Womens Track & Field Sasha Benjamin & Marvis Brown
Youth Athletics (Includes Track & Cross Country) Bill Mongovan
Race Walk Maryann Daniel